More work and information can be found on my website at: www.hancreated.co.uk

Monday 27 June 2011

Music to my ears! (Original post dated: 08/05/11)

Christian Marclay is an American artist, he composes art (and music) by using LP records. He is interested in the juxtaposition of sound and art and combines the two to produce some interesting, eyecatching results. As well as using LPs, he has used cassette tapes and record covers to create artwork. He has been influenced by artists of the Fluxus movement including Marcel Duchamp, who manipulated readymade and found objects, turning them into art. I love his cyanotype of tapes seen here, it is similar to the result I want to achieve in the print room.
His Record cover collage's, which can be seen on this link, are very aptly and effectively composed, as well as humorous. His vinyl record installation in the Museum of Modern Art, New York, is awesome and I want this type of "vinyl" flooring (below)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment